Lately, Lindsay and I have realized that at some point we need to figure out what to do with the fetus (no we still don't know what it is, I will let you know more about that in a minute) while we are still working. Living in Northern Virginia is not cheap (unfortunately)! I think we have arrived at a decision as to what we are going to do, but first let me tell you about our adventures!
On Saturday we visited the Goddard School (nothing to do with God at all). It was well let's just say interesting and a bit creepy. Did you know babies do Yoga? Yeah, news to me too! I think if we were forced to go this route I would be comfortable with it, but I am glad that we both have schedules and employers that will allow us to flex. I don't think I could handle paying $300/week $1,200/month and close to $15,000/year to have a stranger watch my fetus! I think it is a very safe and viable option for those who need to do it.
It looks however, that Lindsay will be working part time teaching three classes every other day and watching the fetus the days she is not working and I will be either watching or getting a friend to help on the days I am with the fetus! Oh I wish there was someone like Mrs. Ferris in Northern Virginia!
I am so excited for this time in my life! Seriously no sarcasm there! I hope and pray there is a way we could have Lindsay stay home full time with our kids one day. That would be awesome.
Ok so we still don't know what it is. I want to let everyone know that the race has tightened up a bit. 24 people think it will be a girl and 23 (I voted again today) think it will be a boy. I really don't think I will care what it is, but deep down I think every dad wants a boy! Who he can teach Yoga to of course!
1 comment:
Tom,
Wow! So very glad to hear that Lindsay will be able to work part-time once the baby arrives!! That truly is answered prayer!! And I agree, it would be a blessing to have a Mrs. Ferris close by!
Miss you both!
Love,
Lynn ( the future Nana Bird)
Post a Comment